Roadworks across the district are impacting a number of Kendal and Ulverston waste and recycling collection rounds, meaning some are not being completed on the scheduled day. Apologies for any inconvenience. We are returning as soon as possible for any missed collections.
Our crews could collect your bins up until 3pm on collection day. If your bin still hasn't been collected after 3pm you can report a missed collection.
You can report a missed bin up to two working days after your collection day and we will aim to collect a missed grey bin within two working days of receiving your report. We aim to return to collect missed recycling, however we do not typically collect missed green waste unless in exceptional circumstances.
Before you report a missed collection please check the reasons listed below for why your bins may have been missed. We also ask that you check to see if your neighbours' bins have been collected before you start the form.
Why your bin may have been missed
It is possible that we haven't emptied your bin because:
- • we can’t get to you because of roadworks or parked cars
- • it was not out before 7am on your collection day. Check the collection calendar
- • weather conditions, like snow or flooding, stop us from getting to you
- • it contains something that should not be in it. What goes in your bins and boxes
- • it contains heavy items, like rubble, that can’t be lifted by the bin lorry
- • the bin lorry has broken down
Before you start
- • check to see if your neighbours’ bins have been collected
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.