Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment
The Government has placed a new duty on individuals to self-isolate if someone tests positive or is identified as a contact by NHS Test and Trace. To support those on low incomes who cannot work during their self-isolation period, a Test and Trace Support Payment of a £500 lump sum payment has been introduced.
In order to be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment you must:
- • have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive;
- • be employed or self-employed;
- • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result;
- • be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
The scheme will run until 30 June 2021. Test and Trace Support Payments are subject to income tax.
Before you start
You will need to include the following as part of your application:
- • evidence that you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- • your NHS Test and Trace Unique ID
- • your bank account details
- • proof of employment or proof of self-assessment returns and trading income if self-employed
- • if self-employed, evidence that your business cannot deliver services without social contact
- • details of the bank account you would like the payment to be made to
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.