The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed Businesses) has been made available by Government to support businesses that have been forced to close by the second national lockdown between 5th November and 2nd December.
You can submit a full application here if:
- • You have had to close your business due to national lockdown restrictions, and were open on the 4th November 2020; AND
- • You WERE NOT the recipient of the previous Small Business or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant; OR
- • You WERE the recipient of the previous Small Business or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant but your bank details or business rates number has changed since receiving this grant, or your details could not be matched through the pre-populated application form.
In order to make the process of distributing these grants as efficient as possible, we’re contacting businesses who were effected during the first lockdown. If you were previously a recipient of the Small Business or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant, you’ll have been sent a link to a pre-populated application.
If you have not received an email and you are a business that falls in to the criteria of businesses that can stay open (essential services), please do not proceed with this application as you will not be eligible.
If you are eligible we will make the payment within ten working days of receiving this application. If you are not eligible we will email you setting out why you do not meet the criteria set out by government and sign post to other support that you may be eligible for.
We ask for your ongoing patience at this time. We are doing everything possible to distribute these grants to businesses as soon as we are able to do so.
Please note that completing this form does not mean you are eligible for the grants available but it will allow us to check your details against our rating list and make a determination of your eligibility. If you are eligible we will make the payment within ten working days of receiving this application. If you are not eligible we will email you setting out why you do not meet the criteria set out by government and sign post to other support that you may be eligible for.
Before you start
You will need to tell us:
- • your Business Rates account reference (this can be found on your latest or previous year’s Business Rates/Non Domestic Rates Bill);
- • your Unique Identifier Number (this will be your Company Reference Number; VAT Registration Number; Self-Assessment/Partnership Number; National Insurance Number; Unique Taxpayer Reference; OR Registered Charity Number dependent on your business);
- • details about you as the applicant;
- • details about the business and hereditament you are applying for;
- • details of your business bank account and digital documentary evidence of this for payment purposes. Please note that without this document we will not be able to process your payment.
Please complete one application for each hereditament that applies.
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.