We are responsible for removing dead animals from road verges.
This does not include privately owned land or parish council land.

Before you start

We will need to know

  •   what type of animal it is, its size and condition.
  •   the exact location of the animal

Do not use this form to report:

  •    a dead animal blocking the road. Please telephone Highways on 0300 303 2992. Please note we cannot remove animals from the middle of the road or carriageway.
  •    a dead farm animal. These should be reported to the Trading Standards animal welfare team.

What to do if you have a road accident involving an animal

Government advice on what to do if you hit an animal and what animals you need to report. You have to report an accident involving most animals to the police straight away. Call the police on 101.

How we use your data

If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.