You can ask to see any information about the records that we hold under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The legislation is designed to promote greater openness and transparency throughout the public sector and applies to all public authorities, including South Lakeland District Council.
Before you start
Check if the information is already available on our website. A lot of the information we receive requests about can be found through our:
you will need to let us know:
- • your real name
- • an email address or home address for us to contact you on
- • a detailed description of what you want to know
FOI requests must be made and responded to in writing, therefore you must provide an email address.
Do not use this form to:
- • request information which is not held by us, for example information about public highways, schools or on-street parking is held by Cumbria County Council
- • make a request under the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)
- • make a Subject Access Request
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.