We offer off-street parking permits which can be used in our pay and display car parks. A full permit runs from April to March, but you can purchase a permit at any point during the year.
Please note that on-street parking permits are issued by Cumbria County Council and not by South Lakeland District Council.
Apply for a residents’ on-street parking permit (Cumbria County Council)
Types of permit
There are different types of permit for parking in our district.
Find out more about the types of parking permits available and the fees charged
Reduction for “A” rated vehicles
Standard permit holders may be eligible for a reduction of £100.00 (pro rata) if the vehicle is "A" rated vehicle. "A" rated means the carbon dioxide emissions are 100 g/km, or less.
Check your vehicle rating online
- • your SLDC permit must be displayed at all times
- • owning an SLDC permit does not guarantee a space will be available
- • a permit will allow the use of one space and the vehicle must be able to fit in one marked bay
- • if you are applying for a transferable or business permit, only one permit is issued
- • photocopying permits is prohibited
Before you start
You will need to tell us:
- • whether you are applying for a new permit or renewing an existing one
- • the type of permit you are applying for
- • your vehicle registration number, make and model (except for business permits)
- • an emergency contact number
- • whether you are paying by card or by Direct Debit
If you are paying by card, you will be able to submit your payment online at the end of this application. Please have your card details ready. If you are paying by Direct Debit we may contact you to make the initial payment by card and send you a Direct Debit mandate for completion.
If you are renewing an existing permit, you will need to let us know the permit number beginning SCX.
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our
Parking services privacy notice.