Apply for a test and trace payment (child isolating)
The government has introduced a second test and trace payment to support those on low incomes who cannot work because their child has been asked to self-isolate.
In order to be eligible for the payment you must:
- • be the parent or guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate. This is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child or young person’s self-isolation period;
- • be applying for a child or young person who is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and normally attends an education or childcare setting;
- • have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by the child’s education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID 19;
- • The child or young person must have been told to self isolate on or after 08.03.2021;
- • You must be submitting your claim within 6 weeks of the child or young person’s first day of self isolation;
- • You cannot work from home whilst caring for your child or young person during their period of self isolation;
- • You will suffer a loss of income during the period of self isolation.
Do not use this form
- • to make a claim for a child who had to isolate before 8th March 2021;
- • to apply for a test and trace payment for yourself.
Before you start
You will need to include the following information as part of your application:
- • evidence that your child has been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by the child’s education setting;
- • details of the child and their education provider, including the address, telephone number and email address;
- • your bank account details;
- • proof that you receive Child Benefit for the child or young person (where applicable), for example, your most recent bank statement;
- • proof of employment or proof of self-assessment returns and trading income if self-employed;
- • if self-employed, evidence that your business cannot deliver services without social contact;
- • details of the bank account you would like the payment to be made to.