Apply for a Restart Grant (ALL Applicants)
Restart Grants are a one-off grant available to non-essential retail, leisure, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym/sports businesses that have a rateable value and were trading on 1st April 2021.
You will receive a grant application number and confirmation email upon completing this application form. Please keep this safe, we’ll use this to contact you about the application if needed. We’ll also ask you to verify your email address or mobile number upon submitting your application, please keep an eye out for this.
We will aim to make a decision within 10 working days of receiving this application. For successful applications, we aim to process payments within 5 working days of notifying you of your application approval, payments will be made via BACS to the account details provided in this application. If you are not eligible, we will email you with a reason for your grant application refusal.
You are not able to save and return to this application form, and it will timeout after 30 minutes, so please be prepared to provide the information below before starting your application.
Before you start
You will need to tell us:
- • Your Business Rates account reference number (8 digits long and beginning with a 5, it can be found on your most recent Business Rates/NNDR bill from the council. Old bills will have an old account number on, so make sure you are using your most recent bill);
- • Details about you as the applicant;
- • What type of business you run and a relevant unique identification number for your business (company number, charity number, self-assessment/partnership number, NI number etc);
- • Your business bank account details and documentary evidence of this (full bank statement dated within the last 3 months which includes your address and bank sort code, account number and account name). Please note that without this document we will not be able to process your payment;
- • A recent utility bill for the business property relating to the grant application, dated within the last 3 months;
- • Information about any previous grant funding (known as subsidiary allowance, formally state aid) your business has received within the last 3 financial years – this includes money received through any COVID-19 grant schemes administered by SLDC or other local authorities.
Please take your time to ensure that you are answering the questions fully and correctly, it is a criminal offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement to obtain grant funding.
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.
Details provided in this grant application will be shared with Government in line with the Restart Grant guidance for monitoring, reporting, anti-fraud and subsidy allowance purposes. Grant recipients should be advised that they may be contacted by Government for research and evaluation purposes.