Before you start
Our handy person scheme helps elderly or vulnerable people carry out very simple but essential work at their homes. To be eligible for help under the handy person scheme you must be aged 65 or over or be:
- • disabled
- • vulnerable
- • recently discharged from hospital
- • at high risk of falling due to a medical condition
- • potential victims of crime referred by the police
It is free except for the cost of materials. This is unless materials have been supplied by a partner agency (as in the case of some security items).
Read more about the types of works that can be carried and the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
You do not need to be a homeowner to qualify for the handy person scheme but you may need permission for some works that would not normally be the responsibility of the tenant. If you are a tenant of South Lakes Housing, they operate their own handy person scheme. Other social landlords may also run a scheme of their own.
Eligible households can request this service up to six times in a 12 month period.
Do not use this form to:
- • Request the removal of large household items
- • Request works at a social landlord property that operates its own handy person scheme, such as South Lakes Housing
How we use your data
If you wish to know why we collect your data and how we use it, then please see our privacy notice.