You will require a temporary event notice (TEN) if you plan to:

  •   hold a one off event and carry out a licensable activity at an unlicensed premises or at a licensed premises, if the event is not covered by the premises licence/club premises certificate
  •   if a licensable activity is not included in the terms of your licence (e.g. holding a wedding reception at a community centre)
Licensable activity includes:
  •   selling alcohol
  •   serving alcohol to members of a private club
  •   providing entertainment (e.g. music, dancing or indoor sporting events)
  •   serving hot food or drink between 23:00 and 05:00

Before you start

When filling in the form you will need to refer to the temporary event notice guidance notes (PDF 364KB/6 pages) This will open in a new window. You will be prompted throughout the form to refer to specific sections of the guidance notes. Please make sure you have them available.

To apply for a temporary event notice
  •   you must be at least 18 years old to apply
  •   your event must have less than 500 people at any one time, including the staff running the event and must last for no more than 168 hours or seven days
  •   there is a £21 fee for each temporary event notice application
Upon receipt of payment we will notify the licensing authority and environmental health team. Details of the application will also be sent to Cumbria Constabulary. Please note, if your event will also take place in another local authority or police area, it is your responsibility to notify them separately.

You will need

  •   a credit or debit card
  •   the address or Ordnance Survey grid reference of the premises that the event will take place. You can also upload a location plan or map using this form.
  •   the date and place of birth and National Insurance number of the premises user
  •   the premises licence number or club premises certificate number of the premises (if applicable)
  •   your personal licence details (if applicable)

How we use your data

Please see our privacy notice for further information on how we use your data.